Who Needs This Handbook?
Whether you are a long-time owner of an existing system or a prospective buyer of island or waterfront property, if you have any of these concerns, this handbook may offer ideas for possible solutions.
- Is your island or riverfront lot too small for a conventional septic system with secondary leach field?
- Is the land around your home too rocky or soggy for proper sewage effluent drainage?
- Do you have problems with high water around your home or leach field?
- Is your system nearing the end of its useful life and you need updated information?
- Are you unsure of where your system is located on your property? Are you contemplating a riverfront property purchase?
- Are you building or renovating a cottage or home? Do you have any direct pipes going into the water?
- Is your island or waterfront property lacking electricity, making a regular toilet difficult to use?
- Are you considering upgrading your sewage system for full-time summer or late fall/winter occupancy?
- Are you concerned that you are wasting water with a conventional toilet? Is there an odor of sewage around your home?
- Has your family experienced skin disorders or sickness related to river or lake water usage?