Current River Conditions & Webcams
Visit the links below to view current River conditions.
- NOAA Current River Conditions Buoy - Alexandria Bay - Current weather conditions, water temperatures and more.
- Kingston Weather from Environment Canada - Weather forecasts for the Thousand Islands region.
- National Weather Service Clayton Forecast - Weather forecasts for the Thousand Islands region.
- Current Radar - View the current radar for the River and North Country.
- National Weather Service Marine Forecast - Get up-to-date marine weather forecasts for the River.
- Boldt Castle Cam from North Country Webcams - A live view of Boldt Castle, one of the River's most popular tourist attractions.
- Schermerhorn Harbor Webcam - A live view of Chippewa Bay.
- Alexandria Bay Webcams - Live views of the River and other locations in Alexandria Bay.
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Voice-Announced Water Levels Gauges - Get up-to-date water levels data for the St. Lawrence river.
Shipping Information and Tracking
- Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway Ship Tracking Map - View current ship locations on the St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Boatnerd - Daily news and information about shipping on the St. Lawrence River and Great Lakes.
Critical Piece of Equipment Lost – Replacement Essential to Effort to Ban Microplastics
Dr. Mason and Save The River need your assistance to keep the effort to understand and eliminate the threat of microplastics afloat. read more
Save The River Reports on Week 3 of Beach Watch Program
Save The River’s Beach Watch Program is in the process of monitoring popular summer swimming locations on the River from July 7th through August 25th Save The River reports all samples passed in Week 3. read more
Push to Protect Waterways from Microplastics Continues
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is calling for the Environmental Protection Agency to add microbeads to their list of Great Lakes contaminants. If added, the EPA would likely address the problem in their upcoming action plan. A move that Save The River is thankful for. read more
Plan 2014 must be enacted
Our communities, economy and the environment experienced a significant win last month. After five hard-fought years and a $20 million study that engaged nearly 200 stakeholder representatives and thousands of citizens, the International Joint Commission took unanimous, historic action to protect the St. Lawrence River, Lake Ontario and the North Country. read more
Restoring the Common Tern in the Islands
Each year Save The River teams up with the Thousand Islands Land Trust, Dr. Lee Harper of St. Lawrence Bird Observatory, and numerous volunteers to monitor Common Tern nesting grounds on the River. Save The River Board member John Peach has written an excellent history of the effort for the July 2014 issue of T.I. Life Magazine. read more
Save The River Reports on Week 2 of Beach Watch Program
Save The River’s Beach Watch Program is in the process of monitoring popular summer swimming locations on the River from July 7th through August 25th. Save The River reports all samples passed in Week 2. read more
Information about blue-green algae available
Concerned about the possibility of blue-green algae in your favorite waterhole? Suspect a blue-green algae bloom? Want to receive weekly updates? Want to know what you should do if there is a bloom? read more
Save The River Reports on Week 1 of Beach Watch Program
Clayton, NY (July 7, 2014) - Save The River’s Beach Watch Program is in the process of monitoring popular summer swimming locations on the River from July 7th through August 25th Save The River reports all samples passed in Week 1. For the 2014 sampling season Save The River volunteers are collecting water quality samples at ... read more
See our blog for more news!