Current River Conditions & Webcams
Visit the links below to view current River conditions.
- NOAA Current River Conditions Buoy - Alexandria Bay - Current weather conditions, water temperatures and more.
- Kingston Weather from Environment Canada - Weather forecasts for the Thousand Islands region.
- National Weather Service Clayton Forecast - Weather forecasts for the Thousand Islands region.
- Current Radar - View the current radar for the River and North Country.
- National Weather Service Marine Forecast - Get up-to-date marine weather forecasts for the River.
- Boldt Castle Cam from North Country Webcams - A live view of Boldt Castle, one of the River's most popular tourist attractions.
- Schermerhorn Harbor Webcam - A live view of Chippewa Bay.
- Alexandria Bay Webcams - Live views of the River and other locations in Alexandria Bay.
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Voice-Announced Water Levels Gauges - Get up-to-date water levels data for the St. Lawrence river.
Shipping Information and Tracking
- Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway Ship Tracking Map - View current ship locations on the St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Boatnerd - Daily news and information about shipping on the St. Lawrence River and Great Lakes.
Announcement of Spring Icebreaking Operations Along the St. Lawrence River
The Canadian Coast Guard, in partnership with the United States Coast Guard and the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), is advising residents and visitors near the Great Lakes / St. Lawrence Seaway that annual spring icebreaking operations will begin on or around March 21, 2014. Please pay attention to the announced dates of icebreaking activities and be very mindful of conditions when on the ice. read more
Respect the Conditions on the River, Delay the Seaway Opening
Save The River has long advocated a research-based list of criteria be used to set the shipping season on the St. Lawrence Seaway. But it really is simple. Get the ice out and the navigational aids in. Don’t send ships through until its safe for the River. read more
See our blog for more news!