Since 1978 Save The River has been the leading grassroots advocacy organization working to protect the St. Lawrence River.
Save The River leads advocacy campaigns to educate the community and pressure elected officials and government agencies to implement policies and programs that protect River health.
To learn more about our advocacy work to protect the St. Lawrence River, visit the following pages:
- Blind Bay – Learn more about how Save The River and TILT are protecting Blind Bay.
- Water Levels – Learn about Save The River’s campaign for improved water levels regulation.
- COVID-19 Sewage Testing
- *NEW*Septic Handbook
- Clean Up the Ballast – Learn about Save The River’s campaign to stop aquatic invasive species introductions.
- Spills/Accidents – Learn more about Save The River’s involvement in spill response planning.
- Alternative Energy – Save The River is concerned about the scale and siting of proposed power projects in the region.
- Navigation Study – Learn about Save The River’s work to prevent the expansion of Seaway infrastructure.
- Winter Shipping – Learn more about Save The River’s work to prevent shipping in ice conditions.