18th Annual Run for the River™ 5K/10K
Saturday, July 25, 2020
Clayton, New York
The fast and flat course winds through downtown Clayton and along the waterfront. We’re pleased to have ARE Event Productions returning to provide professional timing for the race. Runners and walkers of ages and abilities are encouraged to participate in this event. Awards will be given for top male and female runners in each age category.
Proceeds of Run for the River directly support Save The River’s advocacy, education, and research programs.
Volunteers needed! Contact Bridget Wright at (315) 686-2010 for opportunities. Family and friends of run participants are encouraged to volunteer!
Business and Individual sponsorship opportunities are available at several levels.
Date: Saturday, July 27, 2019 Location: Frink Park, downtown Clayton (registration and race start) Time: Race begins promptly at 9 am (see Race Day section for more information) Note: For the safety of all participants, no jogging strollers or dogs are permitted on the racecourse. Click here for the course map
- Save The River members receive a $5 discount on their registration fee; click here to become a member or call us at (315) 686-2010
- Runners who register by June 30 will receive a complimentary event t-shirt; a limited number of t-shirts will be available for purchase on race day
- Register online
- Register by mail; click here to download the paper registration form, fill it out, and return it with payment to:
Save The River
P.O. Box 38195
Albany, NY 12203
- Register in person at Save The River (409 Riverside Drive, Clayton)
*Pre-registration closes Friday, July 24 at 3 pm; after that time, runners can register in Frink Park on the morning of the race starting 7:30 am and ending promptly at 8:45 am.*
Registration rates until June 30 (includes complimentary t-shirt):
5K: $25 non-members ($20 members)
10K: $30 non-members ($25 members)
Registration rates July 1 – Race Day (does not include complimentary t-shirt):
5K: $30 non-members ($25 members)
10K: $35 non-members ($30 members)
Packet Pick Up
- Pre-registered runners can pick up their packets on Thursday, July 23 and Friday, July 24 from 12 – 4 pm at the Save The River office (409 Riverside Drive, Clayton)
- Day-of registration and packet pick up opens at 7:30 am and closes at 8:45 am
- Race begins promptly at 9 am
- Announcement of race results and medals presentation at approximately 10:15 am
- Both metered and non-metered street parking is available in the village or free parking is available at the community parking lot on Webb Street across from Lions Field
- Results are posted on Save The River’s website and social media pages, as soon as possible following the race